Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
RE: Summer 2013 CBSSports.com Media Apps Intern (13241BR)
I am hereby applying to the Summer 2013 CBSSports.com Media Apps Internship Program which is advertised at Intern Match . I am currently an engineering student at Florida Institute of Technology and as deduced from your requirements, my current skills and competencies perfectly match the skills and experience required and stipulated in the program.
English is my second language, but I can speak fluently and can communicate through verbal and written modes. My native language is Arabic, as I have been granted with a scholarship by the King Abdullah Scholarship Program, for the undergraduate study; as well as awarded by The Ministry of Higher Education to pursue higher education toward attaining a Bachelor's Degree.
I am hereby attaching my resume for your review and evaluation. I could be reached at any of the contact numbers detailed therein. I am sure that if selected as an intern, our working relationship would be mutually beneficial. I am looking forward to receiving a correspondence from you soon.
Very truly yours,
Contact Numbers: Landline, Cellphone, Email Address
- Florida Institute of Technology; Major in Engineering
- Design technologies: UML, Case, wireframes, and usability research
- Highly proficient in software programs, such as Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Arabic, native language
- English, second language highly proficient
Membership in Academic and Extra-Curricular Organizations
- Saudi Society
- Playing for the Arab soccer team at FIT
- Sports, reading
- Available upon request
CBS Interactive. (2012, November 14). Summer 2013 CBSSports.com Media Apps Intern (13241BR). Retrieved from Intern Match: http://www.internmatch.com/company/cbs-interactive/roles/summer-2013-cbssportscom-media-apps-intern-13241br?i=0&location=8026&page=-1&s=-1
COPY OF THE INTERNSHIP ADVERTISEMENT
Sourced from: http://www.internmatch.com/company/cbs-interactive/roles/summer-2013-cbssportscom-media-apps-intern-13241br?i=0&location=8026&page=-1&s=-1
Summer 2013 CBSSports.com Media Apps Intern (13241BR)
Add to Saved
Where: Fort Lauderdale, FL Deadline: rolling basis Last Edited: Nov. 14, 2012 Approx Hours: Full-time
Talent has its place. It’s here. CBS Interactive. Work where innovation meets creativity. Where the brightest left and right brainers have a seat at the table. Where you’ll work on some of the biggest online brands across sports, entertainment, technology, gaming and news. It’s where your talent will find its happy place.
CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. With more than 250 million people visiting its properties each month, it is a top 10 Web property globally and a top 5 Web property in the U.S. in terms of unique video viewers. Its portfolio of leading brands, which include CNET, CBS.com, CBSNews.com, CBSSports.com, GameSpot, TV.com and Last.fm, span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
The Media Application group focuses on building high quality interactive sports applications for CBSSports.com. The candidate will both learn from our large scale product environment and bring outside fresh thinking on products and processes to our group. They are required to be an excellent team player in addition to having really strong web development skills.
As an integral member of the Media Applications group for CBSSports.com, the 2013 Summer Intern will participate in group projects and develop their skills and gain exposure to large scale web media infrastructure.
- Participate in group design and development activities
- Complete 3 goal oriented mini projects designed to expand your Internet Development skills.
- Complete 1 research related project - make recommendations to the group on innovations and process modifications.
- Clearly develop / demonstrate requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Proficient in design technologies, UML, Case, wireframes, usability research
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proven leadership skills Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who has a genuine interest in the subject matter and is actively pursuing a career in information technology / web development / computer science
- Experience with Google Apps is a plus
- MUST BE a currently enrolled in college (Junior or Senior) at the time of the internship
**Intern candidates must be currently enrolled in college/university with at least one semester to go after completion of internship.